gagmewithapitchfork

Friday, August 18, 2006

Gagging for It #4

Dr. Pepper: The Drink for the Discerning Meth-head.
1 out of 5 pitchforks

Ugh. If it were possible to contain the collective farts of unicorns, fairies, pixies and rainbows, Dr. Pepper certainly figured out a way. I just had the misfortune of drinking a Diet Vanilla-Cherry Dr. Pepper. I came across a bottle of it recently and noted that I haven't had a Dr. Pepper in over twenty years. I wondered if I remember how good it was. I kind of remember liking it. I also kind of remember that I was weird kid who lacked common-sense and good set of taste buds. Somehow I thought it would be a wonderful thing to skip down memory lane. And skipping down memory lane, I did. Replete with me stumbling and chipping my tooth along the way. Is it a successful entreprise on Cadbury's part? It could have been. That is, if they were aiming for a Benalyn-flavoured pop. With so much stacked against it, you kind of feel sorry for Dr. Pepper. A sucktastic beverage coupled with shitty slogans:

"What's the worse that can happen?" (You mean, besides a sucking chest-wound?)

Or:

"There's more to it" (Yeah, and I'm still waiting...)

Interestingly enough, Dr. Pepper's slogan in Denmark/Finland/Netherlands begs: "Can You Handle the Taste?" Good fucking question. I, myself, barely managed a sip of that sugary Care Bear urine sample. I can see it being successful in the soda wars, tasting as shitty as it does. That could only happen if it were reformulated as an alternative in curing the clap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home